Wednesday, February 1, 2012

First sprouts!!

 So, I decided to grow my own vegetables.  This blog will be about my planting and growing experience, and if everything goes well, my harvesting experience also!!  I'll post pictures frequently so you can watch them grow too :)

I decided to start with lettuce and tomatoes since they do well indoors and in containers.  Soon I'll be preparing my garden so they can finish growing outside where they belong :) 

Below are pictures of my lettuce plants.  I have 6 growing.  I planted 24 total but not all of them are germinating.  Hopefully its not too late for them but I'm happy either way because I have a few that are happy and healthy so far :)

Here are 3 of them.  They were planted on January 27th.  They're already about 2" tall and this is only day 5!!  The one on the right has started to split at the top.  My theory is that this will be the first set of leaves :)


After talking to other gardeners, I was told these plants were not growing correctly, most likely due to insufficient lighting.  I immediately placed lights on them and had to replant a couple of times but they seem to be doing much better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment